DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products.
Our flagship product, the DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem ambitious, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. We are looking for a Sr. Buyer to join our team in Battle, UK. This role will be responsible for the purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Negotiations and contracts award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Mentor and coach the Assistant Buyer to enhance their career and professional development
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies Embraces personal challenge Confident, rounded thinking Is self aware Is assertive, optimistic and open to change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes to the team Resilient, self motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HNC, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
Back to top