- Inspection of product, components, subassemblies, fabrication, PCB’s, PCB-A’s, and other piece parts to ensure conformance to requirements at various stages.
- Interpret drawings to determine component and assembly requirements, including standard tolerances, Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (G D & T), and engineering notations.
- Use standard inspection equipment to measure parts (CMM, calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc.).
- Inspect incoming material for conformance to drawing and contractual specifications.
- Identify and document nonconforming conditions.
- Execute inspection plans and checklists for inspections.
- Verify receipt and reviews required inspection data for accuracy and compliance to requirements.
- Perform quality assurance activities concerned with the engineering and manufacturing of products, materials, and processes.
- Establish and collect data for metrics reporting and analyze results of activities.
- Prepare status reports for management and present status to management.
- Generate and track responses to internal corrective action requests (CARs) and supplier CARs.
- Perform detailed specification, design documents and contract reviews to determine the quality assurance requirements and generate and execute a detailed QA test plan in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Witness testing of expensive high risk parts or sub-assemblies.
- Perform acceptance testing and final inspection before parts and or sub-assemblies are shipped out for final assembly.
- Establish and maintain an effective monitoring program, including the use of PC-based tools for planning, tracking and evaluating performance.
- Develop inspection instructions and inspection alerts.
- Support failure analysis at the process, component, and workmanship level (Defect trend analysis and Failure Modes, Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA) efforts).
- Facilitate Root cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Development of quality plans, verification of engineering tests and measurement practices for new and existing products using QA Tools (TQM, FME, SPC, and Risk analysis).
- Perform tasks related to quality planning activities such as, research and staying up to date on vendor/part approvals.
- Review drawings for adherence to design inputs, material callouts, and standards and procedures.
- Participate in the improvement of the manufacturing process for existing products. Conduct studies to stabilize, validate or improve product and process capabilities.
- Perform capability studies to identify problems, provide recommendations for improvement, and implement corrective/preventive actions.
- Participate in the analysis of defective products to determine root cause of defect and provide input on corrective/preventive actions to prevent future failures. Implement solutions to improve yield.
- Review work instructions, inspection documents, release documents, design change requests, bug fixes, and change notifications.
- Work closely with developers to design test criteria and develop automated and manual tests.
- Setup, qualify and maintain hardware test stations.
- Set up new Lab and Failure Analysis equipment.
- Solid background in electrical products and electrical product manufacturing, using software/firmware, troubleshooting, design transfer and burn-in testing.
- Experience with quality data analysis tools and statistical techniques.
- At least 7 years experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with ISO 9000 quality management system including conducting process and product quality audits
- Schematic capture, PCB design and electronic circuit simulation.
- Programming of embedded processors, FPGAs and other similar logic devices using C/C++ and related languages as well as test scripts.
- Understanding of modern optical manufacturing methods and optical system fabrication.
- Knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics and polarization.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering, experience reading mechanical drawings and able to verify part dimensions against drawing requirements
- Knowledge of Solidworks
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience building and managing a QA team (although this is a very hands on role to start with)
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top