Purchasing and Supply Manager
- Responsible for day-to-day functioning of purchasing activities in the US. Coordinate with purchasing team outside of the US.
- Experience in the procurement of mechanical components, electronics components, and Mechanical / Electronics assemblies
- Experience in purchasing for New Product Development and/or Contract Manufacturing
- Familiar with the engineering drawings, language of the electronics industry and able to converse and understand direction from hardware and software disciplines
- Establishes adequate inventory levels of supplies and equipment; performs spot checks or conducts actual inventory as needed.
- Track and report costs in keeping with approved budget. Identify ways to contain costs.
- Contact suppliers, obtain quotes, and compare prices and delivery schedules.
- Negotiate with suppliers for price, quality, delivery, and terms of payment.
- Create purchase orders in purchasing system and submit purchase orders to vendors.
- Coordinate with, and assist, as needed with purchasing activities at other sites to balance workload and ensure timely purchases and records are updated
- Monitor supplier shipments and ensure on time delivery. Expedite shipments, when required.
- Update PO’s with delivery dates and order acknowledgements
- Assist in creating materials receipts and coordinate vendor returns. Manage documentation pertaining to item receipts and returns.
- Support sourcing and supplier development through the solicitation process
- Setup suppliers and modification requests and ultimately maintaining supplier records in the purchasing system, along with associated documentation
- Assist in maintaining levels of inventory items for replenishment.
- Enter credit applications form for establishing lines of credit with suppliers
- Assist in maintaining vendor records and item records in the system.
- Submit invoices to accounting and follow up on payments to suppliers. Reconcile receiving and invoicing issues.
- Enter transactions for domestic and international shipping (import/export).
- Escalate issues as needed for resolution options/assistance
- Maintain files and any documentation pertaining to the purchasing and inventory function.
- Adhere to purchasing processes and procedures. Assist in enforcing purchasing compliance.
- Assists in identifying training needs and implementing training programs.
- 5 or more years of experience of working as a senior buyer or purchasing manager role in a fast pace work environment (preferably in a start-up company, small business, or prototyping business where the processes are not fully established, multiple hats are worn, and procurement is fast-paced).
- Experience in large and medium size companies will also be considered
- Understanding of manufacturing, purchasing, and planning processes
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities, address problems and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be persistent in following up with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to learn and adapt while contributing to the growing requirements of the company.
- Demonstrate good business acumen and ethical purchasing practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to make recommendations for improving existing systems, procedures, and methods
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top