Product Manager - Smart Helmet
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives, and we take enormous pride in our engineering to deliver the right product.
We are looking for an experienced Product Management candidate who will join the Product Management team responsible for the DAQRI Smart Helmet hardware platform. A successful candidate will perform all functions related to device product management, align roadmaps with peers at various hardware component vendors including the chipset, camera, sensors, display, etc., and work with the company's Product Marketing team to accurately position and communicate key messages. He or she will also manage a select set of closely tied ecosystem partners. Key tasks will include the need to meet with partners, customers and prospects to identify and prioritize requirements, write a functional product requirements document (PRD), and work with Engineering to define a product roadmap. He or she will be responsible for making classical product requirements/scheduling tradeoffs in order to meet minimum viable product for launch.
Areas of focus will include telematics, industrial design, hardware components (camera, display, sensors), OS, first party apps, integration of DAQRI’s multimedia, computer vision, and connectivity. He or she will specify the appropriate use cases, work on promoting the device both through direct customer interaction, and work with the outbound marketing team on collateral, speaking events, and articles. He or she will also act as the primary contact to a set of close ecosystem partners, to ensure tight roadmap alignment with DAQRI's suppliers – hardware and software.
- 5+ years experience in product management/development for devices in one of the following end markets: wearables, consumer electronics, industrial HMIs
- 5+ years experience with the product development lifecycle
- 5+ years experience with mobile phone/tablet software architecture and expertise in mobile development
- Familiarity with silicon and component vendor ecosystem
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering)
- Knowledge of Android, iOS, Linux
- Knowledge of computer vision concepts
- Knowledge of UI frameworks, communications standards
- Knowledge of key ecosystem partners/players
- MBA preferred
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with facilities in Silicon Valley, Seattle, Austin, Dublin, and two in the United Kingdom.
Back to top