At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. As a Manufacturing Engineer at DAQRI you will be responsible for the production of all of our awesome products. What we can talk about is the Smart Helmet (https://daqri.com/products/smart-helmet/), but there’s a lot more, which we are keeping low key about.
You will be responsible for working directly with design engineers and providing direct input into the design and development of new hardware and supporting introduction to high rate production. You will also be responsible for supporting existing product lines and working on continuous improvement of quality, cost and schedule.
- Provide close engineering support for the production, assembly, and integration of the DAQRI Smart Helmet.
- Develop production procedures and processes, and manage the transition of hardware from development to high flow rate production.
- Implement process improvements to reduce assembly hours and build cost. Execute design for manufacturability changes to enhance production efficiency.
- Resolve and analyze manufacturing discrepancies, while interfacing with the quality team (resolving issues for design, fabrication and assembly).
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing or related field.
- Hands-on experience designing and building assembly and/or test fixtures
- Self starter who is motivated to drive continuous improvement in practice and process
- Willing to travel in order to set up fabrication/assembly facilities around the world.
- 2 years of manufacturing, fabrication, assembly or testing experience (internship experience counts too!).
- Master of Science degree in mechanical, manufacturing or related field.
- Experience with body mounted Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality hardware.
- Experience in process development, facility and line layouts, PFMEA, error-proofing.
- Experience working with Process Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Knowledge of metallic or composite manufacturing techniques, processes, equipment, and other processes such as: machining, welding, drilling, sheet metal forming, and stamping.
- All-round experience in following a product from inception through to production would be awesome, but we will also heavily consider a strong desire to learn and work hard to figure it out!
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.
Back to top