Linux Kernel Guru
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. Our DAQRI Smart Helmet boasts the most advanced sensor suite of any wearable or mobile device to date along with unparalleled processing power to back it up.
We are looking for a Sr. Linux Kernel Developer/Guru to join our team. This role will be responsible for the development of embedded systems that run on the DAQRI Smart Helmet.
You can check out the DAQRI Smart Helmet here:
- 9+ years of low level / embedded programming experience
- 5+ years of Linux Kernel driver development and deeply familiar with various Linux based shell scripting languages
- Experience in peripheral buses like SPI, I2C, UART, PCI, USB etc.
- Experience in wireless communication protocols like BTLE, WiFi, etc.
- Firmware design, development, and sustaining experience for prototyping and production
- Experience with board bring-up and programming and debugging microcontroller-based systems
- Some digital signal processing experience
- Ability to debug firmware using an oscilloscope and other bench equipment
- Working knowledge of software development tools (compilers, debuggers, emulators, etc)
- Experience analyzing existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, and/or port to different platforms
- Testing of software designs and code at the unit and system level
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested
- Design for low power/battery and/or mobile systems
- Wireless sensor node programming/integration
- At least 10 years of experience in developing complex embedded systems using Linux kernel and related technologies (8 years must be recent)
- At least 10 years of experience in firmware engineering and board bring up (5 years must be recent)
- At least 6 years of experience in software architecture, including real-time systems (3 years must be recent)
- At least 8 years of recent management experience
- Experience working with sensor systems for high performance applications
- Experience in mobile or wearable technology is a plus
- Expert in C/C++
- Familiar with all aspects of product development, from requirements definition, development, validation, release, production test
- Comfortable reading schematics and recommending changes to fit software designs
- Ability to manage/lead other engineers and projects to completion with minimum guidance
- Ability to reach reasonable conclusions from limited “hard” facts in a timely fashion
- Ability to communicate design concepts and ideas to others verbally and in written form
- Able to properly estimate project schedules and costs
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to easily work with other departments and outside suppliers
- BS (or higher) in CS, Math or related field
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Our flagship product, the DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.
Back to top