At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
As an IP Attorney with DAQRI, you will gain a broad understanding of our cutting edge technologies and interact with world-class engineers on a regular basis. You will provide legal support on all IP issues, gaining broad expertise, while still being exposed to new legal and technical challenges. We expect you to acquire a deep understanding of the technologies of the business units that you support. You must be a self-starter, able to adapt and work seamlessly in a fast-paced environment, organized and analytical, have an interest and ability to master new subject matter, have a strong work ethic, be a team player, and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams.
Are you ready to take on new challenges? We hope that you are!
- Support patent procurement activities including assisting in reviews of invention disclosures, selecting invention disclosures for filing, and managing outside counsel.
- Manage the patent portfolio, including conducting brainstorming activities for new inventions and managing monthly IP review meetings.
- Review patent applications and office action responses prepared by outside counsel and analyze prior art to determine the patentable scope of the invention.
- Provide other IP legal support including trademark searches and clearance and working with senior patent attorneys in other offices globally.
- Identify opportunities for strategic patenting, in partnership with the company’s Patent Review Committee.
- Contribute to training efforts across the company on best practices for procuring and protecting IP.
- Draft, review and negotiate IP-related agreements.
- Perform patent analysis (e.g., infringement, validity, product clearance, and landscape analysis).
- Perform export clearance and assisting with open source clearance.
- Draft patent applications and office action responses on an as-needed basis.
The role is expected to grow to include the following responsibilities:
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Current registration to practice before the USPTO
- Admission to the Bar of at least one state
- At least 4 years as a licensed patent attorney.
- Experience and skills in patent filings and managing patent dockets which would include managing outside counsel (or patent center team members) in patent prep & prosecution.
- Solid experience copyright and trademark knowledge and transactional background.
- A technical degree or background in science and engineering such as computer science, EE, physics, chemistry or related field.
- Prefer experience in preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings.
Back to top