- Support patent procurement activities including assisting in reviews of invention disclosures, selecting invention disclosures for filing, and managing outside counsel.
- Manage the patent portfolio, including conducting brainstorming activities for new inventions and managing monthly IP review meetings.
- Review patent applications and office action responses prepared by outside counsel and analyze prior art to determine the patentable scope of the invention.
- Provide other IP legal support including trademark searches and clearance and working with senior patent attorneys in other offices globally.
- Identify opportunities for strategic patenting, in partnership with the company’s Patent Review Committee.
- Contribute to training efforts across the company on best practices for procuring and protecting IP.
- Draft, review and negotiate IP-related agreements.
- Perform patent analysis (e.g., infringement, validity, product clearance, and landscape analysis).
- Perform export clearance and assisting with open source clearance.
- Draft patent applications and office action responses on an as-needed basis.
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Current registration to practice before the USPTO
- Admission to the Bar of at least one state
- At least 4 years as a licensed patent attorney.
- Experience and skills in patent filings and managing patent dockets which would include managing outside counsel (or patent center team members) in patent prep & prosecution.
- Solid experience copyright and trademark knowledge and transactional background.
- A technical degree or background in science and engineering such as computer science, EE, physics, chemistry or related field.
- Prefer experience in preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications.
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top