Industrial Design Intern - Summer 2017
- Ability to generate innovative product design concepts based on a design brief/ product requirement document.
- Ability to implement a user centered design process to discover and validate design solutions
- Understand user needs and identify opportunities for innovation based on immerging technologies.
- Ability to communicate ideas, to other designers as well as inter-departmentally. Storytelling is a huge benefit for “championing” ideas and concepts.
- Ability to document ideas, through sketching, 2D illustrations, 3D modeling, and physical mock-up generation.
- Fluent in the standard Adobe tools of the trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and an understanding of good (2D) graphic design
- Working knowledge of parametric modeling program specifically we use Solidworks
- Self-starter. Though we work collaboratively as a team being able to make effective progress toward program goals with minimal oversight will be a key to success.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to assemble media for internal review meetings and external facing reviews.
- Personal interest in augmented reality and wearable technology
- Fluency in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD program
- Basic understanding of electronics and
- Physical Model making and prototype fabrication skills
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience performing design research activities
- Ability to frame up and map out insights and opportunities
- Familiar with issues related to human factors and ergonomics
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top