Computer Vision Engineer
Our Computer Vision team is dedicated to delivering the best Augmented Reality and Computer Vision experience. We are looking for smart, innovative and motivated individuals with Computer Vision and Augmented Reality research & development backgrounds.
As a member of the Computer Vision team you will be responsible of creating the next generation algorithms that power our hardware and software. You will work with vision based tracking and reconstruction systems, inertial measurement assisted SLAM systems. Your work will contribute to the entire pipeline, from robust calibration to fast positioning and accurate mapping of the environment. You will perform research and development of new techniques that will have a strong impact on our SmartHelmet and our Holographic Displays.
- Design and implementation of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality algorithms
- Develop new tracking and reconstruction methods
- Contribute to influencing our Hardware
- Research new techniques to improve speed, quality, and solve new problems for Computer Vision
- Multiple years of experience in at least one of the following topics:
- Robust real-time 6 DoF tracking algorithms such as SLAM, VIO and model-based tracking
- 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
- Machine learning methods
- Sensor fusion
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong math background
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Experience with OpenCV and related computer vision libraries
- Experience in CV on low-power platforms
- Strong familiarity with parallel programming languages such as CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL
- Strong background in non-linear optimization
- Familiarity with Matlab or other quick prototyping tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous work in industry
- Familiar with Git, Linux, Windows and debugging
- M.S. with greater than 3 years’ experience or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field
Our Team: DAQRI's team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts work on cutting edge technology and have a chance to make a large impact on one of the most exciting startups. Our team is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we're excited about new algorithmic solutions.
Location: Vienna, the capital of Austria, is consistently voted the best city to live in the world (Mercer 2010-2016 Quality of Living Survey). Vienna is known for its coffee culture, low crime rates, music and historical architecture. Living in the heart of Europe allows easy access to most major European cities within a short train ride or a short flight.
Back to top