Automotive Software Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the Automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world Automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for a keen Software Engineer to assist the software development activities for the DAQRI Automotive HUDs. During your duties you will support the Principal Software Engineer and the software development team as a key part of the Automotive HUD Engineering Team, in the overall development of our DAQRI Automotive holographic HUD product line.
We are looking for a dynamic team player that can work with multiple Automotive OEMs, providing software engineering input within the project team. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our Automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel will possibly be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Work within a small team to develop the software of the holographic head up display.
- Assist in liaising with Automotive customers on the software development of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements.
- Represent software development within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA and other quality system processes.
- Liaise with the electronics team in the development of the electronic hardware and the integration with the software.
- Assist in the management of software versions and releases.
- Support software, firmware and diagnostics validation activities.
- Support root cause and troubleshooting investigations on software design issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and providing solutions as part of a wider team.
- Support software design reviews, assist in the preparation of presentation materials and present as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development, from concept through requirements, realisation and design verification, in an embedded software environment.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ for real time targets.
- Experience with designing state machines.
- Good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels, traits, skills, and approaches inside the customer’s organisation.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Ability to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with software development in an Automotive tier one or OEM environment.
- Familiarity with multithreaded/parallel programming concepts and paradigms.
- Knowledge of Automotive Standards, such as ISO 26262.
- Knowledge of MISRA C, AUTOSAR and GENIVI.
- Experience with ethernet and Automotive video interfaces.
- Experience with Automotive SPICE development process implementation and/or continuous integration.
- Experience with software development for common Automotive interfaces, such as CAN, FLEXRAY and LIN.
- Familiarity with RTOS development.
- Experience programming in scripting languages, such as MATLAB, Python and Tcl/Tk.
- Experience in control system design.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top