Automotive Senior Mechanical Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for a dynamic Automotive Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the Automotive Mechanical Engineering team in delivering uniquely innovative automotive display systems. This is in support of the development of our DAQRI automotive holographic head up display product line.
We are looking for someone that is going to lead our automotive mechanical engineering team. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is very likely to be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Required to lead the automotive mechanical team in designing the mechanical elements of the holographic head up display, including packaging in customer vehicle lines, enclosures and electro-optical mechanical elements.
- Liaise with automotive customers to finalise optical and mechanical layout of the head up display system to suit specific customer vehicle lines.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA, & other quality systems.
- Support the creation of component & assembly drawings.
- Approve & release component & assembly drawings.
- Support root cause & trouble shooting investigations
- Work with child part supplies to identify & support the development of sub components.
- Support the design & assembly of prototype parts & fixtures.
- Support development testing & evaluation.
- Experience with Catia CAD systems in an automotive tier one or automotive OEM.
- Proven project delivery track record in an automotive mechanical engineering environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels inside the customer’s organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in leading a team in an automotive mechanical engineering environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- GD&T experience beneficial.
- Solidworks experience beneficial.
- Experience with electrical, optical, thermal & NVH systems beneficial.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top