Automotive Senior Electronics Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for high calibre Senior Electronics Engineer to lead the electronic design activities for the DAQRI automotive HUDs. During your duties include leading the electronics design team, liaising with the non-electronic design leads and supporting the wider Automotive HUD Engineering Team, in the overall development of our HUD product lines.
We are looking for a dynamic team leader that can work across projects with multiple automotive OEMs, providing technical support and engineering input, helping to drive each project forward. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is very likely to be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Required to lead the automotive electronics team in designing the electronic elements of the holographic head up display, including analogue drive circuits with safety features, embedded controllers, FPGAs, power supplies and interfaces.
- Liaise with automotive customers to finalise electronic design of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements, including EMC and environmental criteria.
- Lead design verification activities of electronic designs.
- Lead the electronic design within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA, & other quality systems.
- Support the software team in the development of embedded software, firmware, network interfaces and the integration with the electronic hardware.
- Approve & release electronic designs and manage the production of hardware.
- Lead root cause & trouble shooting investigations on electronic design issues.
- Lead electronic design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present to all business levels.
- Troubleshoot electronic design issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and providing solutions as part of a wider team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Experience of electronics design, from concept through requirements, realisation and design verification, in an automotive tier one or automotive OEM.
- Electronics design experience covering, analogue and digital systems, with specific experience in embedded solutions, FPGAs and switch mode power supplies.
- Must have experience with op-amps, FETs, power supplies, ADCs, DACs and embedded control systems.
- Experience in designs with all common automotive interfaces such as; CAN, FLEXRAY, LIN and automotive video interfaces.
- Proven project delivery track record in an automotive electronic engineering environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Experience of implementing designs considering EMC and thermal and other environmental constraints, plus proven skills in solving EMC and thermal design issues.
- Understanding of high speed signal integrity and power integrity issues.
- Experience with analogue circuit simulators such as SPICE.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels inside the customer’s organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Masters preferred.
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in Cadence PCB design front-end tools: Allegro Design Authoring and Allegro Connectivity Manager.
- Experience in Altium Designer 16 PCB design package.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top