Automotive Senior Electronics Engineer
- Required to lead the automotive electronics team in designing the electronic elements of the holographic head up display, including analogue drive circuits with safety features, embedded controllers, FPGAs, power supplies and interfaces.
- Liaise with automotive customers to finalise electronic design of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements, including EMC and environmental criteria.
- Lead design verification activities of electronic designs.
- Lead the electronic design within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA, & other quality systems.
- Support the software team in the development of embedded software, firmware, network interfaces and the integration with the electronic hardware.
- Approve & release electronic designs and manage the production of hardware.
- Lead root cause & trouble shooting investigations on electronic design issues.
- Lead electronic design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present to all business levels.
- Troubleshoot electronic design issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and providing solutions as part of a wider team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Experience of electronics design, from concept through requirements, realisation and design verification, in an automotive tier one or automotive OEM.
- Electronics design experience covering, analogue and digital systems, with specific experience in embedded solutions, FPGAs and switch mode power supplies.
- Must have experience with op-amps, FETs, power supplies, ADCs, DACs and embedded control systems.
- Experience in designs with all common automotive interfaces such as; CAN, FLEXRAY, LIN and automotive video interfaces.
- Proven project delivery track record in an automotive electronic engineering environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Experience of implementing designs considering EMC and thermal and other environmental constraints, plus proven skills in solving EMC and thermal design issues.
- Understanding of high speed signal integrity and power integrity issues.
- Experience with analogue circuit simulators such as SPICE.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels inside the customer’s organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Masters preferred.
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in Cadence PCB design front-end tools: Allegro Design Authoring and Allegro Connectivity Manager.
- Experience in Altium Designer 16 PCB design package.
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top