Automotive Quality Assurance Manager
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for a dynamic Automotive Quality Assurance Manager to lead the Automotive Quality Assurance team in delivering class leading automotive tier one quality performance. This will be to support the development of our DAQRI automotive holographic head up display product line.
We are looking for someone that is going to develop and drive improvement into our systems, delivering incremental positive developments in our operational and administrative performance. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is very likely to be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Development and maintenance of DAQRI Automotive quality procedures and processes, ensuring compliance with ISO/TS16949 and automotive customer requirements.
- Auditing and benchmarking of our quality procedures and processes to ensure compliance with the latest prevailing standards and customer requirements.
- To professionally manage all customer quality concerns either directly or via the team, commensurate with the severity of the concern, leveraging the technical resources available to provide both technical root cause analysis and robust, sustainable countermeasures.
- Maintain component FMEAs and Control Plans.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning processes, (APQP), during the development of DAQRI Automotive products.
- Ensure that all the products manufactured at DAQRI Automotive conform to the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or customer equivalent.
- Ensure that the customer/supplier relationship and corresponding communications are maintained between UK sites and also between the UK and international elements of the DAQRI group as necessary.
- To support, train, motivate and manage all quality personnel operating within the quality team of DAQRI Automotive.
- Train and develop the quality team skills in practical problem solving and the use of recognised techniques.
- Knowledge of automotive industry quality systems such as ISO/TS16949.
- Knowledge and experience of automotive industry programme management systems such as GPDS.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans with engineering support.
- Experience of APQP and PPAP processes in an automotive supply chain.
- Proven project delivery track record in an automotive quality environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels inside the customer’s organisation.
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in leading a team in an automotive quality environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Knowledge and experience of automotive tier 1 supplier qualification and quality management, in particular experience of implementing and working within ISO/TS 16949.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top