Automotive Principal Software Engineer
- Lead the Automotive software team developing the software, firmware and network interfaces of the holographic head up display, including Automotive on-board diagnostic protocols.
- Liaise with Automotive customers to finalise the software, firmware of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements, including on-board diagnostic and communication protocols.
- Lead software development within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA and other quality system processes.
- Support the electronics team in the development of the electronic hardware and the integration with the embedded software and network interfaces.
- Approve and manage software versions and releases.
- Lead software, firmware and diagnostics validation activities.
- Lead root cause and troubleshooting investigations on software, firmware, network communication, and on-board diagnostic issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and providing solutions as part of a wider team.
- Lead software design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present to all business levels.
- Troubleshoot software design issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of software development, from concept through requirements, realisation and design verification, in an embedded software environment within Automotive tier one or Automotive OEM.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ for real time targets.
- Experience in control system design.
- Experience with designing state machines.
- Experience with software development for common Automotive interfaces, such as CAN, FLEXRAY, and LIN.
- Experience with Automotive SPICE development process implementation and/or continuous integration.
- Familiarity with RTOS development.
- Good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels, traits, skills, and approaches inside the customer’s organisation.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Ability to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with multithreaded/parallel programming concepts and paradigms.
- Knowledge of Automotive Standards, such as ISO 26262.
- Knowledge of MISRA C, AUTOSAR and GENIVI.
- Experience with ethernet and Automotive video interfaces.
- Experience programming in scripting languages, such as MATLAB, Python and Tcl/Tk.
Meet Some of DAQRI's Employees
Jennifer works on the Core Apps Team on the Smart Helmet, which means she helps develop and deliver the software applications that are available for the product's users.
Back to top