Automotive Principal Software Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the Automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world Automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for a high calibre Principal Software Engineer to lead the software development activities for the DAQRI Automotive HUDs. During your duties you will lead the software development team as a key part of the Automotive HUD Engineering Team, in the overall development of our DAQRI Automotive holographic HUD product line.
We are looking for a dynamic team leader that can work across projects with multiple Automotive OEMs, providing leadership, support and software engineering input, managing the software engineers within the project teams. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our Automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is very likely to be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Lead the Automotive software team developing the software, firmware and network interfaces of the holographic head up display, including Automotive on-board diagnostic protocols.
- Liaise with Automotive customers to finalise the software, firmware of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements, including on-board diagnostic and communication protocols.
- Lead software development within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA and other quality system processes.
- Support the electronics team in the development of the electronic hardware and the integration with the embedded software and network interfaces.
- Approve and manage software versions and releases.
- Lead software, firmware and diagnostics validation activities.
- Lead root cause and troubleshooting investigations on software, firmware, network communication, and on-board diagnostic issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and providing solutions as part of a wider team.
- Lead software design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present to all business levels.
- Troubleshoot software design issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of software development, from concept through requirements, realisation and design verification, in an embedded software environment within Automotive tier one or Automotive OEM.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ for real time targets.
- Experience in control system design.
- Experience with designing state machines.
- Experience with software development for common Automotive interfaces, such as CAN, FLEXRAY, and LIN.
- Experience with Automotive SPICE development process implementation and/or continuous integration.
- Familiarity with RTOS development.
- Good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people at all levels, traits, skills, and approaches inside the customer’s organisation.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Ability to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- Confident in leading client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues and addressing responsibilities.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with multithreaded/parallel programming concepts and paradigms.
- Knowledge of Automotive Standards, such as ISO 26262.
- Knowledge of MISRA C, AUTOSAR and GENIVI.
- Experience with ethernet and Automotive video interfaces.
- Experience programming in scripting languages, such as MATLAB, Python and Tcl/Tk.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top