Automotive Electro-optic Lead Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for an enthusiastic and dynamic Automotive Electro-optic Lead Engineer to lead the design and integration of the DAQRI automotive HUDs. During your duties you will report to the HUD Technical Program Manager and support the Automotive HUD Engineering Team, in the overall development of our DAQRI automotive holographic HUD product line.
We are looking for a team player that can work across projects with multiple automotive OEMs, providing technical support and engineering input, helping to drive each project forward. There will be a strong element of customer facing with this position and the successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is very likely to be a part of the execution of your duties within this role.
- Lead the integration of the electronic, electrical and optical designs for the head up displays across all projects.
- Support of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support of the Technical Programme Manager.
- Lead the test programme for each head up display project, with responsibility for test timing, execution and management of test results including report writing.
- Attend and provide input into design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present if required to all business levels.
- Troubleshooting multi-discipline design issues as they present themselves throughout the lifecycle of the project and helping to provide solutions as part of a wider team.
- Experience of OEM or tier 1 supplier electronic and/or electrical component development and integration.
- Experience in being part of an engineering team in an automotive environment either within a tier one supplier or within an automotive OEM.
- Experience of automotive design validation testing, test execution and management of test results.
- Confident engineer that is able to lead and provide direction when necessary in a multi-discipline engineering team environment.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Fluent in English.
- Confident in taking on a high level role in engineering meetings, with an ability to present difficult engineering issues at all business levels.
- Electro-optic component experience in an automotive engineering environment either with an OEM or a tier 1 supplier.
- Experience with thermal & NVH systems beneficial.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top