Automotive Electronics Engineer
At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
DAQRI has already developed the world’s first laser holographic head up display, (HUD), for the automotive world and this product has already been delivered into mass production. The head up display has been integrated into several different vehicle lines including SUVs and saloons.
Now we have this historical milestone established in the world automotive market, we are looking to expand the team to develop the next generation of DAQRI Laser Holographic Head Up Displays…..could this be you?
DAQRI Automotive is currently searching for a keen Electronics Engineer to assist in the electronic design activities for the DAQRI automotive HUDs. During your duties you will support the Senior Electronics Engineer and the design team in the overall development of our DAQRI automotive holographic HUD product line.
We are looking for a dynamic team player that can work across projects with multiple automotive OEMs. The successful candidate will need to show a professional approach in dealing with our automotive customers and suppliers as well as the other companies within the DAQRI group.
International travel is possible in the execution of your duties within this role.
- Required to assist in designing the electronic elements of the holographic head up displays.
- Assisting liaison with automotive customers on electronic design of the head up display system to suit specific customer requirements.
- Assist in design verification activities of electronic designs.
- Represent the electronic design within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA, & other quality systems.
- Liaise with the software team, to assist in the development of embedded software, firmware, network interfaces and the integration with the electronic hardware.
- Assist with the release of electronic designs and support the production of hardware.
- Support root cause & trouble shooting investigations on electronic design issues.
- Support electronic design reviews, prepare presentation materials and present as required.
- Support troubleshooting of electronic design issues, throughout the lifecycle of the project and help to develop solutions as part of a wider team.
- Experience of electronics design, and design verification.
- Electronics design experience covering, two or more of the following areas; analogue and digital systems, embedded solutions, FPGAs, switch mode power supplies.
- Must have experience in two or more of the following; op-amps, FETs, power supplies, ADCs, DACs and embedded control systems.
- Experience of common automotive interfaces such as CAN, FLEXRAY and LIN.
- Experience of designs considering EMC and thermal and other environmental constraints.
- Knowledge of high speed signal integrity and power integrity issues.
- Team player with appreciation for diversity of traits, skills, and approaches.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced startup environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Has good interpersonal skills and relates well to a variety of people .
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships.
- HND, HNC or bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or related discipline.
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience of electronics design in an automotive tier one or automotive OEM.
- Experience of design considering EMC and environmental design criteria.
- Experience of designs with automotive video interfaces.
- Experience with analogue circuit simulators such as SPICE.
DAQRI is the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company powering the future of work through innovative hardware and software products. Its flagship product, DAQRI Smart Helmet, is improving efficiency and safety for workers on the job and providing unparalleled cost savings for Fortune 500 companies in industrial and manufacturing settings. DAQRI Automotive are building upon their first generation of laser holographic head up displays as integrated into Jaguar Land Rover vehicle lines in model year 2015.
Back to top