VOIP, Call Center Engineer (Consultant)
Daon ( http://www.daon.com ) is a leading provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. Daon supports customers and system integrators in building enterprise solutions requiring the highest level of security, performance, scalability, reliability and privacy.
Daon’s IdentityX platform ensures that only you can authorize your financial / business transactions or access your most important and personal information. Using your smart phone, IdentityX offers risk solutions and empowers you to securely establish your identity through a combination of encryption, PIN entry, location-based technology, and biometrics such as voice, face, and fingerprint. IdentityX is a fully mobile, private and cost effective solution that allows you to decide the level of security for each type of transaction – balancing convenience and security as you desire. IdentityX has been deployed by a growing list of customers. For more information, refer to the daon.com website or look for Daon on social media.
An engineer with experience in Call Center, VOIP and PSTN-related technologies is sought for an exciting new project. This person should have experience designing and implementing large-scale voice capabilities. This is not a role where a list of open tasks will be given to you; this is a consultative role where critical thinking and design skills will be essential. This engagement will be an opportunity for creative work where real-world experience in this field will be valued by the Daon team as the project is developed.
- Work directly with the Chief Architect to apply VOIP technology experience and knowledge to support project development.
- Assist in writing requirements, system specifications, design documents, and creating architecture diagrams
- Communicate technical capabilities and fit for critical third party software dependencies (see below).
Required Skills, Experience:
- Deep experience in end-to-end VOIP technology stack in enterprise-scale Call Center environments
- Experience with the Oracle Communications product suite in this area:
- Application Session Controller, Tunneled Session Controller, Tunneled Session Management Solution (TSC, TSM), Session Border Controllers (SBCs)
- Design, architecture experience – understanding security features, traffic management, QoS, network topologies, and integration with other vendor systems
- Practical experience – installation/deployment, configuration, operations/maintenance
- Experience with core network technology providers (e.g. Avaya, Genesys, Cisco, Aspect)
- Experience with key technologies and infrastructure, for example:
- SIP Trunking
- VOIP-to-TDM translation/proxying
- Strong business writing and communication skills.
- Understanding of the web/mobile infrastructure and ecosystem (n-tier, HTTP/REST services)
- Experience with scalable and highly-available systems
Bonus, Nice-to-Have Criteria:
- Experience with mobile VOIP client technology – e.g. Linphone
- Experience with “DevOps” and virtualization — Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud computing technologies a plus
- Experience with physical (data center) hosting/infrastructure configuration
- Experience configuring above systems for auto-/elastic scaling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or a related field
- Certifications in relevant technologies a plus (especially Oracle)
- 5+ years in VOIP engineering and Call Center technology.
Back to top