Senior Software Engineer
Position: Senior Software Engineer Location: Reston, Virginia Territory: USA Travel: 0-5% FLSA: Exempt
Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you!
Daon (http://www.daon.com) is a leading provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. Daon supports customers and system integrators in building enterprise solutions requiring the highest level of security, performance, scalability, reliability and privacy.
Daon’s IdentityX platform ensures that only you can authorize your financial / business transactions or access your most important and personal information. Using your smart phone, IdentityX offers risk solutions and empowers you to securely establish your identity through a combination of encryption, PIN entry, location-based technology, and biometrics such as voice, face, and fingerprint. IdentityX is a fully mobile, private and cost effective solution that allows you to decide the level of security for each type of transaction – balancing convenience and security as you desire. IdentityX has been deployed by a growing list of customers. For more information, refer to the daon.com website or look for Daon on social media.
- Deliver on assigned software design, development, testing, and documentation tasks.
- Work closely with a team to integrate designs, components, and ideas together.
- Apply software development best practices to development and configuration management tasks.
- Strive to improve capabilities, pick up new technology and programming languages, look to add value.
- The drive to deliver quality products in a timely manner;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Flexible nature willing to work on different capabilities and learn new technologies.
- B.S. in CS/Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years IT experience with a product focus.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts.
- Spring dependency injection (not Spring MVC), and Hibernate frameworks.
- Extensive experience in Web Services, middleware applications, application servers, and database technologies.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- SVN, ANT, Maven, Jira (or equivalent).
- Experience with mobile technologies is a plus.
Daon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top