Face Biometric Scientist
Job Title: Face Biometric Scientist
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Travel: < 5%
Reporting to: Principal Research Scientist
Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you!
Daon (http://www.daon.com) is a leading provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. Daon supports customers and system integrators in building enterprise solutions requiring the highest level of security, performance, scalability, reliability and privacy.
Daon’s IdentityX platform ensures that only you can authorize your financial / business transactions or access your most important and personal information. Using your smart phone, IdentityX offers risk solutions and empowers you to securely establish your identity through a combination of encryption, PIN entry, location-based technology, and biometrics such as voice, face, and fingerprint. IdentityX is a fully mobile, private and cost effective solution that allows you to decide the level of security for each type of transaction – balancing convenience and security as you desire. IdentityX has been deployed by a growing list of customers. For more information, refer to the daon.com website or look for Daon on social media.
Learn more about our company culture by visiting us at The Muse https://www.themuse.com/companies/daon.
As part of the research team you will help design and implement mathematical biometric-based algorithms for use in identity-management systems outlined as follows;
- This is an opportunity for a creative problem solver to design and implement human face-based algorithms and related tools;
- If you are a talented algorithm developer with a passion for applied face research and biometrics who can design, implement, and optimize biometric algorithms this is an ideal opportunity;
- Utilize your experience in face biometrics R&D, image processing, machine learning, computer vision, pattern recognition, statistics, and building mathematical models and algorithms;
- Review and adapt state-of-the-art knowledge to code biometric-based solutions for smartphones;
- Experience in implementing and adapting known mathematical algorithms and biometric techniques to solve real-world problems required;
- Strong mathematical aptitude, with detailed knowledge of the state-of-the-art techniques employed within the face biometric industry required;
- Ability to design, implement, tune and optimize components of biometric detection and tracking, quality assessment, anti-spoofing, feature extraction, modelling, classification, and matching algorithms for use in smartphone-based face biometric solutions;
- Significant experience designing and testing algorithms with Matlab, Python, or similar development tools;
- Strong C++ skills required;
- Algorithm development experience with face biometrics, liveness detection, image processing, and machine learning desirable;
- Biometric algorithm related work with Android and iOS smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices, a bonus;
- Strong English communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work on one’s own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Proven background in scientific programming and numerical methods ;
- Excellent attention to detail.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or a Maths related field, or equivalent is required;
- Masters or Ph.D level preferred;
- 5+ years experience in face biometric related areas and software development is preferred.
Daon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top