Development Test Engineer
Position: Development Test Engineer Location: Reston, Virginia Territory: USA Travel: 0-5% FLSA: Exempt
Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you!
Daon (http://www.daon.com) is a leading provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. Daon supports customers and system integrators in building enterprise solutions requiring the highest level of security, performance, scalability, reliability and privacy.
Daon’s IdentityX platform ensures that only you can authorize your financial / business transactions or access your most important and personal information. Using your smart phone, IdentityX offers risk solutions and empowers you to securely establish your identity through a combination of encryption, PIN entry, location-based technology, and biometrics such as voice, face, and fingerprint. IdentityX is a fully mobile, private and cost effective solution that allows you to decide the level of security for each type of transaction – balancing convenience and security as you desire. IdentityX has been deployed by a growing list of customers. For more information, refer to the daon.com website or look for Daon on social media.
Learn more about our company culture by visiting us at The Muse https://www.themuse.com/companies/daon.
Located in Reston Town Center, our US Engineering team is seeking a dynamic resource interested in test automation, software integration, mobile app testing and software installation. We are looking for candidates that are eager to learn and skilled enough to pick up on new technology and new concepts. Responsibilities will include test script creation, application testing on devices such as iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, and Android, installation testing, middleware testing, documentation creation, and documentation review.
- Deliver on assigned planning, testing, and documentation tasks;
- Work closely with a team to understand requirements and technology to ensure functional requirements are met by a delivered solution;
- Apply quality control best practices to our Engineering organization;
- Strive to improve quality across installation, documentation, and application use;
- Escalate issues to management team;
- The drive to deliver quality products in a timely manner;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Flexible nature willing to work on different capabilities
- Aptitude to learn new technologies;
- The ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with colleagues across a range of teams and departments.
- B.S. in CS/Engineering or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of relative experience
- Experience operating smartphones, including iPhone, Blackberry, or Android;
- A good understanding of both Windows & Linux operating systems;
- Understanding of SOAP or REST Based Web Services;
- Experience with database and SQL technologies;
- An understanding of web application servers;
- Experience with testing applications in different web-browsers, particularly IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Daon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top