Cyware is a venture-backed organization currently in hyper-growth mode. While Cyware is headquartered in New York City, all of our US based positions are located 100% remote. The firm was founded by innovative practitioners to solve the massive-scale cybersecurity challenges they saw daily while working for leading global banks and technology organizations.
Cyware is disrupting the cybersecurity operations market with innovation that gives the firm claim to being the far-and-away ONLY company capable of delivering technology to build cyber fusion centers for customers in large enterprises and the mid-market.
Your next opportunity starts here!
More on Cyware: (www.cyware.com)
Built on innovation designed by SecOps practitioners and cybersecurity leaders, Cyware offers multiple technologies within its next-generation platform, including advanced threat intelligence solutions (TIP) for large and small security teams, vendor-agnostic security automation (SOAR), and security case management. As a result, organizations are able to increase speed and accuracy while reducing costs and analyst burnout. Cyware's Virtual Cyber Fusion solutions make secure collaboration, information sharing, and enhanced threat visibility a reality for enterprises, sharing communities (ISAC/ISAO), MSSPs, and government agencies of all sizes and needs.
- You can lead on strategic and tactical initiatives
- You are hungry, inquisitive, proactive, energetic, and driven
- You have a growth mindset and are committed to delivering results
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Why We Are Hiring:
Cyware is looking for an individual to take on a dedicated role of Technical Writer, leading our internal and developer-facing documentation. This person should be a writer who has a fervent curiosity for technology, talking with product managers and developers to understand platform functionality, and can create well-formatted and documentation that is customer focused and digestible.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation sites for both customers and internal teams that cover implementation, best practices, and troubleshooting.
Come join an exciting cybersecurity product startup that just closed Series B funding round!
What You Will Do:
- Write technical documentation, including overviews, how-to guides, user guides, API documentation, release notes, technical support guides, product user guides, firmware/software guides, white papers, operational procedures, manuals, easy to understand user interface text, online help guides, video tutorials, and developer guides
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation gaps, and drive new projects while keeping a focus on customer needs
- Define documentation requirements and work with engineers to create and update internal and external documentation
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Edit, clarify, and enhance documents written by engineers
- Support agile delivery of high-quality documentation and content in sync with monthly product releases
- Collaborating with customers and internal stakeholders to constantly improve the quality of your deliverables
- Coordinate with other Tech Writers to write documents for our over 250 connectors
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with practical experience in the B2B software industry
- 4-6 years of experience as a technical writer, editor, or content strategist, with a focus on software or workflow applications
- Experience with cybersecurity products is a plus
- Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical and business subjects to a variety of audiences
- Experience researching and writing effective documents for developers and architects
- Ability to conceptualize, and execute projects with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize/meet deadlines
- Experience writing and reviewing content in US English
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to think and write in context with the target reader or product user in mind
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment
- Strong technical writing knowledge and information mapping skills
- Experience working in an Agile content development environment
- Experience in writing online help and knowledge based articles
- Experience with web-based and mobile products
- Experience in content review and localization
- Experience with a markup language such as HTML or XML
- Experience developing video tutorials
- Candidates must have thorough knowledge and experience in industry-standard authoring tools including Confluence
- Candidates must also have flexibility to quickly learn new/better tools that the team employs in the future.
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
You’ll love working at Cyware because
- We value balance. We are committed to providing an environment in which you can balance great work with a great life. You’ll have a generous PTO structure and holidays covered.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and reimbursements for your home office.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application!