VP, Platform Product, Enterprise Digital
- Burlington, MA
Harnessing the power of digital technologies is one of CVS Health's most strategic efforts, garnering significant involvement from the Board of Directors and senior leaders of the company. This investment is indicative of the company's commitment to digital technologies as a key tool to helping people on their path to better health and empowering individuals to navigate the world of healthcare.
The Vice President, CVS Health Enterprise Digital Platforms, plays a vital leadership role to drive sustained growth and financial value for the CVS Health enterprise by staying abreast of disruptive market trends, technologies, partners and competitors. This leader will create strategies and plans to deliver proprietary innovation that increases CVS Health's market advantage over the next several years.
Ensures CVS Health's business objectives are achieved by leading new/innovative product ideation or development of enhancements for digital platforms. Prioritization and delivery to support the company's business strategy and value proposition. Accountable for the end to end development and management of key platforms. Including: Enterprise Digital Application Platform (EDAP) which includes login, account, preferences, content management, personalized communications, and various back-end system integrations. This role is also responsible for Product Management of the Enterprise Health Insights Platform (EHIP) and the maintenance of (and migration from) a legacy rules engine platform.
This role reports directly to the Chief Digital Officer and is a critical driver for developing and maintaining digital platform capabilities across all CVS Health assets (ie Minute Clinic, Aetna, Retail, Specialty, Pharmacy, Health Hubs, Transformation initiatives, and more.
The leader will be responsible for articulating the vision, establishing the strategy, and building the prioritized execution plans to deliver digital platforms capabilities that 1) deliver meaningful innovation, 2) enable personalized, integrated, connected, high-impact experiences for healthcare consumers, 3) reduce development time, and 4) increase efficiencies of Enterprise Digital's development operations. It is expected that these platform innovations will delivered via a combination of organic development, external partnerships, 3rd party technology and service integrations, and internal collaboration. Proactive collaboration will be required with the entire Digital leadership team, IT and analytics organizations, Strategy and partner organizations, and with leadership councils such as the BPC, EOC and EC.
1. Transformative Innovation and Vision: Develops and leads the strategic direction of the CVS Health digital platform product portfolio. Leads the creation of transformative digital innovation to support sustained growth and to drive financial value to the CVS Health enterprise in accordance with its overall strategic targets; interfaces with C-Suite executive leadership, enterprise business product development and strategic initiative senior leaders to identify digital innovation that enables CVS Health competitive differentiation; sets the visionary digital agenda to identify and develop previously unimagined digital solutions across channels that capitalize on enterprise assets to enable improvements in health outcomes and increase CVS Health's share of wallet
2. Digital Strategic Business Development: Establishes ongoing process for additional digital innovation development opportunities as they arise; identifies creative digital technologies and strategic investments, including potential acquisitions and joint ventures; uses advanced judgment to evaluate potential partners/acquisition candidates that have potential to extend CVS Health's digital presence, ensuring that solutions meet enterprise business, financial, and operational goals
3. Digital Ecosystem Thought Leadership: A true expert on innovations in the digital ecosystem by developing executive level contacts in the digital health, retail and investment communities, ongoing analysis of assessment of industry trends and customer needs/requirements, leveraging third party resources and technology providers; represents the CVS Health visionary agenda with external parties driving longer term strategy in the digital arena
4. Drives strategic direction, simplification & integration of company product portfolio. Frames the annual operating plan and 3-5 year product strategy. Leadership of product pipeline development to address industry activity/trends and regulation through active participation on external industry groups/boards. Leads ongoing market and competitive analysis to aid strategic decision making and development of key messaging/positioning. Engages other business areas to align the introduction/institutionalization of effective cross-functional product development and management initiatives. Monitors product performance by assessing results on an ongoing basis (quantitative and qualitative). Collaborates on enterprise business development activities (M&A, partnerships, etc.).
5. Actively provides overall leadership, and direct product management leadership for very large set of agile trains and teams which deliver re-usable, self-service platform capabilities in support of the Enterprise strategy. Set the vision, direction, and priorities at the epic level for capabilities and experiences such as identity, login, account, profile, preferences, registration, consent, communications, connected devices, content management, and rules engines. Integrate closely with enterprise data platforms, communication channels, EMR systems, call centers, and transactional systems.
• 10+ years of experience in product development, ideally in digital health
• 10+ years directly leading teams working in a matrix environment to accomplish outcomes including P&L.
• 5+ years working with advance platform technologies, particularly in Cloud (PaaS and SaaS) models, in support of enabling advanced digital experiences at scale
• Deep strategic business development (e.g., M&A, Joint Ventures, Strategic Partnerships) experience within a complex, matrixed corporation (preferably health, retail, insurance and/or digital context); proven track record for identifying business solutions in support of the enterprise strategic focus
• Understands and stays current with global growth trends and emerging consumer behavioral trends; Proficiency required in understanding and adapting to a rapidly changing digital world as it applies to new ways to reach clients, consumers and members
• Demonstrated experience defining and delivering a platform and platform strategy that hosts complex, technical, highly-reusable APIs/services across several healthcare domains
• Exceptional digital team builder and developer of direct, indirect, and non-report talent
• A growth mindset and accountability to deliver exceptional outcomes consistently
• Strategy development experience: strengths in structured and logical thinking, including ability to dissect a problem into
an organized approach and form a hypothesis against which to conduct requisite analyses and maintain a high attention to detail
Demonstrated experience gaining alignment across a complex organization to balance delivery of tactical business needs with a platform strategy to maximize reuse and reduce duplication
• Ability to think and act strategically. To diagnose and implement solutions for complex problems
• Ability to push thinking; can make technical information understandable to the general population, while supporting ideas with robust business cases
• Experience working with pharmacies, PBMs, payers, providers
• Experience with both start-ups and Fortune 100 companies
• Understanding of the healthcare marketplace, healthcare economics, healthcare delivery channels (e.g., ER , Urgent Care, Retail Clinics)
• Impeccable written and verbal articulation of complex topics (technical and business)
Executive and leadership communications
Budgeting, forecasting working with finance partners
Recruiting, hiring, and org development working with HR and talent acquisition partners
• Strategy development
• Structured and logical thinking, including ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and form a hypothesis against which to conduct requisite analyses and maintain a high attention to detail
Bachelor Degree Required, Masters preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top