Would you like to join CVS Health, a Fortune 4 company, as part of our Trade Relations team? As a Pipeline Director, you will monitor pharmaceutical specialty pipeline products and establish relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers and industry consultants. These relationships will be established prior to the launch of the pipeline product to ensure that CVS Specialty Pharmacy will obtain access to the product and build valuable contract opportunities.
Ideal residence is the Chicago area but will consider remote/anywhere in the U.S.
You will network and immerse yourself within the specialty pipeline industry to establish our company as an innovative and leading specialty pharmacy. You will communicate with specialty pharmaceutical consultants, pharmaceutical manufacturers, attend specialty conferences to present and communicate company capabilities and services to highlight our business as a leader in specialty pharmacy.
You have responsibility for presenting capabilities presentations, responding to specialty manufacturer Request for Proposals (RFP), establish and communicate specialty pharmacy guiding contracting principles, gain access to products and build contracting opportunities. All communications and pipeline responsibilities will accurately reflect current specialty business strategies and have approval from all respective business units.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Lead all aspects of, research and have full knowledge of all specialty pipeline products and therapeutic areas seeking FDA approval over the next five years.
• Initiate and maintain strong working relationships with new pharmaceutical manufacturers, clinical research centers, HUBS with pipeline products 2-3 years prior to their drug approval to help them understand company capabilities.
• Receive, complete and lead internal RFP process for all specialty manufacturer RFP's to align with specialty strategies.
• Attend Specialty Pharmacy Biotech and Pipeline conferences to network and establish a presence in the marketplace.
• Partner with Specialty Pharmacy Services team and Specialty Pharmacy Therapy Managers/Business to ensure services and capabilities are updated and appropriate for current marketplace in order to remain competitive along with sharing pipeline information.
• Partner with the internal Marketing team to insure capabilities presentations are accurate and effective.
• Gain specialty pharmacy intelligence within marketplace.
• Work with the other Directors to communicate and transition ongoing manufacturer projects, manufacturer launch plans, launch programs and launch execution to transition into an effective specialty pharmacy distribution contract.
To be successful, you will utilize your strategic vision and critical thinking capabilities, as well as your strong executive presence and interpersonal skills to target pipeline manufacturers.
Join the company helping people on their path to better health! Our organization offers a competitive benefit package including vacation and holiday paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, work/life balance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS stores.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in business development or working in the pharmacy, biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to travel, up to 30% of the time, as needed, per business needs
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- MBA, RPh, PharmD preferred
- 5 years experience leading specialty/biologic manufacturers
- Oncology and launch product experience
- Experience with management of pharmacy budgets related to manufacturers and specialty managers services and programs
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.