Software Engineering Lead
- Frimley, United Kingdom
Software Engineering Lead
12 month FTC/on payroll
Farnborough, Hampshire (work from home until further notice)
In this role, you will build the pipeline for all project environments in addition to supporting BAU activities.
You will contribute to our drive for Operational efficiency as we seek to automate to improve consumer engagement and modernize the enterprise.
Your day to day:
- Independently designs/codes
- Lead colleagues in the development of cost effective application and program solutions
- Lead contributor to translation of business requirements to technical specifications and the design or new applications or enhancements
- Independently performs and assists colleagues to provide system maintenance, research, problem resolution and support for existing systems.
- Full compliance with efficient use of methodologies/best practice.
- Oversee or perform unit testing and integration and system testing
- Supports the implementation of systems into production
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications.
- Lead as a SME for projects
- Create documentation
You'll be a team player, collaborating closely with our Architecture and Infrastructure teams.
You are confident leading both onshore and offshore teams from a technical perspective, fostering a productivity culture.
A natural self-starter, you'll bring initiative and drive to deliver an immediate positive impact.
Ideally, you'll bring around 5years + software development experience from a regulated environment e.g. Insurance, Financial Services or Healthcare and you'll thrive in matrix international environments.
Extensive experience developing applications and programs:
- C# and/or Java
- SQL server
- Web Services/RESTfuland APIs (via APIManagement platforms)
- Unit testing and Test Driven Development
- Dependency Injection
- OO design and knowledge of SOLID Principles
- Windows Azure, AWS or Google Cloud exposure
- .Net Core
- Agile (Scrum and/or SAFe) development practices
- DevSecOps and full lifecycle automation
- No-SQL/Document DBs (MongoDB)
- Knowledge of Micro-services/SOA architectures
- Design & Development ofhigh-availability anddistributedsystem
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune5company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna's global business, Aetna International, is one of the world's largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and adirect settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
Internal job title: Senior Application Developer
Back to top