Health is everything. At CVS Health we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we're helping people on their path to better health-from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we're present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our millions of patients every day.
The Pharmacy Technician Trainee is a training position where you can move to a Pharmacy Technician upon successful completion of CVS Pharmacy Technician Training Program and per local state pharmacy guidelines. This position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail pharmacy setting, to excel in a complex, high impact patient focused role and to positively impact the lives of others. The ideal candidate must be able to triage pharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients while ensuring all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met. Pharmacy Technicians must demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Promotes a path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications; educates customers about CVS services and products appropriately positioning CVS as a partner in customers' path to better health.
• Focuses on the needs of the customer, keeping the customer top of mind at all times, prioritizing customer needs, displaying genuine care and empathy in all interactions, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
• Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
• Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding of each workstation (Production, Shipping, Inbound/Outbound) for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders; manages own responsibilities while shifting to help the team where needed.
• Delivers results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintains accuracy while consistently meeting workflow and inventory management goals.
• Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems to ensure customers have their medications when needed; collaborates with immediate and extended pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and deliver timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
• Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge, leveraging available tools and training resources, to develop the basic drug understanding and technical expertise needed to accurately and more effectively assist customers.
• Contributes to high-performing teams by looking for opportunities to contribute to individual and broader team goals, remains flexible for both schedule and business needs while easily adapting to changes at work to enables supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Must be at least 16 years of age
Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting your state's Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring manager.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.