Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Aetna Digital is looking for a Cloud Data Engineering to join our Engineering team in SoHo, New York City.
In this role, you will use your experience with AWS cloud database and other Cloud technologies to build our Health Engine platform as a member of one of our scrum teams in SoHo NYC office. You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, and fellow engineers to build software products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
• 8+ years Java knowledge and development experience
• 3+ years of Agile engineering experience
• 4+ years of experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
• 4+ years of UNIX/Linux experience
• Experience with Apache Spark
• Experience with Cloud computing (AWS) preferred
• Professional work experience in Java and AWS database (PostreSQL, HIVE, Hbase) technologies
• Multiple years of Java software development experience. professional experience of building native cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, etc.) Hands-on experience with APIs, full stack microservices
• Experience migrating on-premises infrastructure to cloud
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Expert experience leveraging container-based technologies
• Working knowledge of big data technologies
• Multiple years of experience delivery solutions through an Agile delivery methodology
• Identifying and analyzing business requirements and how they translate to application features
• Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to design and enhance applications
• Write well designed, efficient code meeting the specified requirements and deadlines
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• A passion for software engineering and test automation
• Object Oriented programming skills, including strong design pattern knowledge Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Good communications skills, with an ability to connect with people and to quickly build trusts
• DevOps experience is a major plus
• Perform unit and integration testing before launch Conduct functional and non-functional testing
• Troubleshoot and debug applications
• Evaluate existing applications to enhance and add new features Develop technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code
• Strong hands-on core Java experience
• Working experience with AWS or GCP Spring framework working experience.
• Multi-threading working experience.
• Restful webservice working experience SQL - Intermediate ability (queries, read/write SQL, table joins, etc.)
• Messaging (any platform) Continuous integration experience Splunk Hadoop, Spark, Hive/Hbase, Kafka
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or related field.
Masters Degree Preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.