This is a remote work opportunity
As a Product Owner (PO) within the HCB Transformation Solutions organization, this candidate is responsible for driving day to day development for an Experience team in support of the experience vision and is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog.
The PO streamlines the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
The HCB transformation Solutions organization is a strategic organization where our mission is to transform end to end constituent experiences, drive down operating costs and improve outcomes by applying digital technologies and data analytics to delight our constituents and change the way we work.
- Works with Experience Owner and stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and constituent pain points that are strategic priorities for the assigned experience.
- Provides subject matter expertise - explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and constituent value is delivered.
- Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
- Responsible to update Experience Owner and team on Story status to align on delivery expectations.
- Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the constituent satisfaction and business value.
- Sets the runway for early business value and constituent impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning.
- Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog.
- Partners with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the PI Planning meeting.
- Identifies the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the PI.
- Drafts the team's objectives and defines features for the PI session.
- Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents it to program stakeholders.
- Partners with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points.
- Provides architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
7+ years of experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership with relevant initiatives: Business process, enterprise business project management/consulting, financial strategic planning and analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, risk management.
- Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations.
- Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Health care Claims or Utilization management preferred
- Experience with EDI X12 transactions - Claims, Utilization mgmt, Eligibility preferred
- Master's degree preferred, but not required.
- College degree.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.