Senior Informatics Consultant Lead (ETL Developer)
- San Antonio, TX
Responsible for the successful design and delivery of complex analyses and reporting solutions to meet business needs. Interacts directly with internal customers and colleagues in the development of reporting and analytic solutions. Acts as a project lead for complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks. Provides mentoring to other team members.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborates with internal partners and organizations in the design and development of business intelligence and reporting solutions to support business needs.
• Develops, validates, and executes complex queries, develops and deploys ETL pipelines, and performs complex data analysis that answers business questions for internal customers; interprets results, and makes recommendations to business areas based on findings.
• Develops project plans and timelines; responsible for project commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
• Evaluates data needs of assigned projects, assures data integrity and suitability, and determines data collection methods, metrics definitions and evaluation methods.
• Turns data into actionable information through reporting solutions.
• Troubleshoots technical details / issues.
• Presents analysis and reports to internal customers and stakeholders.
• Acts as a mentor to other analysts.
• Advanced knowledge of business intelligence reporting platforms, data engineering solutions, and programming tools and methods.
• Direct experience developing and deploying data transformation and ETL pipelines to facilitate data automation and availability for reporting.
• 7 or more years' experience with a combination of one or more of the following skillsets: advanced programming and data transformation skills using large data warehouse environments, advanced reporting automation and business intelligence development skills, and/or advanced data engineering skills.
• Direct experience working in big data environments. Experience in Hive, Spark, Python, Scala, Sqoop is a plus.
• Experience working with large data sets from multiple data sources and understanding of relational databases, Hadoop distributed file systems (HDFS), and data warehouses.
• Extensive and diverse knowledge of business operational metrics, systems, and standards - knowledge of clinical operations metrics a plus; demonstrated subject matter expertise in multiple subject areas.
• Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
• Experience leading project teams; strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking and project management skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently.
Please see required qualifications
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top