Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Northbrook, IL
CVS Health is looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers' lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world.
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer will work with Product and UX teams to be part of a team of engineers in developing elegant code and state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences. The applicant will understand the system development life cycle; Agile software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques. We are seeking someone who can conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore ought to understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes. In addition, you should be either experienced or conversant in emerging ideas in application development both on the user interface and middle tier technologies. While not necessarily deep in all of these technologies, you should understand them sufficiently to guide the organization in understanding and possibly adopting them if appropriate
• 8+ years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer with advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• 4+ years of developing in modern programming languages: Node js, Java, or Python
• 4+ years of experience in relational databases, NoSQL, or cloud datastores
• Experience developing interactive web applications
• Experience with development toolsets, integration and deployment tools, and testing automation tools
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires a blend of innovation and speed of execution
• Ability to understand problems, break them down into hypotheses and propose solutions in a clear manner
• Ability to crisply document design and implementation details
• Willing to work as a team and has the right attitude to work as a part of a large organization
• Experience in developing and deploying scalable cloud based systems with one or more cloud technologies: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Microsoft Azure
• Experience on a minimum of two Agile/Scrum product teams is a plus
• Experience in the health-care industry is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or similar field, or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top