Senior Digital Health Cloud Architect
- Florham Park, NJ
• The Senior Digital Health Cloud Architect will support CVS Health Digital Health Cloud organization's vision to deliver transformative applications and technology platform services for the Enterprise by enabling software developers to deliver applications, systems, and platforms by providing expertise on technology, architecture and design.
• Serve as technical architecture expert for a single value stream (e.g. scrum team), helping to ensure successful product deliveries
• Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for key capabilities of the Health Cloud, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders on architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same
• Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide "Reference Architectures" and "Baseline Implementations" when appropriate
• Provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to Architects
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications and UI clients, encompassing APIs and frameworks, micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
• Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
• Participates in high-level estimation
• 7-10+ years of experience as a software/platform architect.
• Experience with architecting platform services surrounding omni-channel communications, content management, IoT integrations, data services, preferences/consent management.
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, messaging queuing infrastructures, as well as AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
• Experience with the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Adept at requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
• Experience designing RESTful APIs that facilitate a superior UX or simplify systems integration.
• Familiarity with popular Design Patterns catalogues
• Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases. Understands the benefits and trade-offs of both. Familiar with normalization and denormalization, sharding, and other data-centric patterns
• Experience with distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
• A great team player, with demonstrable experience delivering superior software products via agile methodologies
• Experience on an Agile team
• Experience architecting solutions for AWS, Azure or Google clouds.
• Exposure to Big-Data and/or Machine Learning.
• A proven track record working as part of a team on large architectural projects
• Experience with micro-services and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
• Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
• Exposure to CI/CD and DevOps
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or similar, or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top