Senior Data Engineering
- Wellesley, MA
Leads and participates in the design, built and management of large scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL)
Develops large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands, and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines
and dynamic systems.
Builds data marts and data models to support Data
Science and other internal customers.
Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility
Analyzes current information technology environments to
identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
Experiments with available tools and advice on new tools in order to determine optimal solutions given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
- Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
Master's degree or PhD preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top