As a Senior Data Engineer in the Analytics and Behavior Change group, You will be working on the Deployment and Experimentation platform to deliver personalized nudges to improve member health and encourage healthy actions. You will Lead and participate in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures, pipelines, and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.
Your Main Responsibilities will Include:
- Developing large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writing ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Collaborating with the data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Using knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
- Using strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Building data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzing current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 5 + years of relevant Data Engineering experience.
• 3 + years of professional experience with Java, Python and other related programming languages.
• 3 + years of experience with Distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark, or MySQL).
• Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
• Experience with API's.
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• Strong knowledge on building a continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
• 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
• Experience with Add Google, Big Query and DataProc.
Master's degree or PhD preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.