Senior Data Engineer
- Hartford, CT
The Senior Data Engineer will lead and participate in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures, pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. Developing large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs. Writing ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) processes, designing database systems and developing tools for real-time and offline analytic processing. Collaborating with the data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes. Using knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing/optimizing queries to build data pipelines. Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java, or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems. Building data marts and data models to support data science and other internal customers. Integrating data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards. Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions. Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solutions given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
• Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities and UNIX commands.
• Knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL, or similar.
• Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing/optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
• Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
• Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
• Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
• Strong knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
5+ years of progressively complex related experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
• Master's degree or PhD preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top