As a Business Analyst, Senior you will be performing analysis and translating business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications, articulated in a program backlog as Epics, Features and Stories, within specified time frames to solve most complex problems. This will include working with multiple interfaces with other systems across multiple business units and considering all impacted components from an end-to-end perspective The Business Analyst, Senior will act as a lead on a project and is will essential for ensuring other BA's assigned to the project are completing their deliverables of high quality and on-time. The Business Analyst, Senior will work in an Agile scrum team environment, in close collaboration with business, product owners, architecture and other IT partners, utilizing their history of practical experience with the application of Lean-Agile practices, mindsets and have a willingness to coach other team members to adapt and learn. This experience should extend to familiarity with agile tools such as RTC, Rally etc.
As part of the Network and Provider organization you will be responsible for deliverables on both long and short-term projects effectively while working collaboratively in inter-departmental settings to accomplish tasks and goals. The Network and Provider organization is accountable for the CVS Health Care Benefits division (Aetna) central repository of provider data and the surrounding ecosystem of Network and Provider applications to support internal business operations and the external Provider Experience.
Additional Responsibilities of the Business Analyst, Senior:
• Creates and executes specific deliverables and activities as part of a team assigned to a business-sponsored IT project.
• Key contributor to overall project success.
• Ensures end-to-end traceability of requirements is complete.
• Expert in one or more business systems.
• Applies specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables.
• Conducts impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
• Competent to work at the highest technical capacity on most phases of the business systems analysis.
• Contributes to the review of Test Planning and Test Execution strategies
• Creates the appropriate User-Interface Model(s) to support projects. Develops business workflow diagrams.
• Participates in collaborative system and data design sessions with the end user community, business partners, product owners, architecture and scrum teams.
• Completes project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones.
• Champions DevSecOps, Agile and Scaled Agile principles, driving best practice, optimization and continuous improvement.
• Guides and advises less-experienced Business Analysts.
• Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for business problems
• Utilize excellent presentation and communication skills and be comfortable collaborating with partners outside of IT and with business leaders as required.
• 5+ years of Business Analyst experience
• Experience working with Lean Agile frameworks, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe™), and Agile metrics.
• Experience working with refinement of program backlogs in partnership with the product owner and scrum team to frame clear Epics/Features/Stories and acceptance criteria in tools such as RTC or Rally.
• Experience with large scale technical planning events both in-person and virtual as well as familiarity with dynamic collaborative tools such as Miro, WebEx and MS Teams.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience working in Healthcare setting, ideally with Provider/Network, in a technical business or IT position.
• SAFe or Scrum certified
• Bachelor's degree in a Business or IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.