CVS Health's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for CVS Health and Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be a part of the team that will build this next-generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in key technologies & initiatives, you will join an architecture team that is building a cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. CVS Health Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the CVS Health Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change that is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join CVS Health Digital !
As a Sr. Android Architect, you will be creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated, and more reliable for more people, both online and in our stores. In the role, you will engage in the architecture, design, implementation, and documentation of Android Architecture within CVS. You will also work hands-on leading by example with proof of concepts, reference implementations, and you'll support architectural guides and present the work.
Is this you?
• Proven Architect with the demonstrated ability to create technical solutions in large organizations with complex business requirements and constraints.
• Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
• Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving; excels at breaking down large problems into multi-step plans in an Agile development environment.
• Collaborates with multiple Agile value stream execution teams in driving large solutions across multiple planning/execution cycles.
• Experienced with various types of Mobile software architectures including Micro Frontend/Microservice architecture.
• Possesses broad technology knowledge (cloud, enterprise applications, microservices, data analytics, networking, data storage systems, APIs, large-scale systems).
• Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Excels at building relationships across silos.
• Top-notch communication and evangelism skills.
• Passionate about technology with a very high technical aptitude.
• Work with Enterprise and UI architects on defining, designing, establishing, and growing the Android platform on which applications are built. Promote platform ideas and concepts across multiple application delivery teams.
• Architecting and building seamless native applications from scratch using relevant Mobile architecture frameworks.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design.
• Good sense of how mobile apps should be architected to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility.
• Keen interest and passion towards keeping abreast of current technologies & trends.
• Collaborate with internal & external groups, partner with vendors to extend the platform as needed.
• Work with a cross functional team comprising of development leads, designers, project managers, and others to seamlessly transition designs into deployment.
• Strong interest in user-experience design and how it should be applied to mobile application design.
• Self-motivated to seeking out opportunities to move the application, its design, and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
• Enable communicating and collaborating with developers to discuss innovative ideas and concepts.
• Work across organizational boundaries and promote and influence direction on how to best solve business and technical problems.
• Lead client architecture for Android application for cross trains.
• Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams. Establish & evangelize architectural guidelines, patterns and practices.
• Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) oversight and development support on future application updates and maintenance.
• Should be able to write efficient, well-documented code with Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio for POCs/Components etc.
• Good Knowledge of CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins
• Lead client architecture for android application for cross trains. Serves as the architectural expert to represent the technical aspects of the Android platform in work with backend architecture team for initiatives and solutions that cut across all SAFe Trains across the Retail and Pharmacy portfolios.
• Leads, guides, mentors, directs & helps grow a team of Developers/Architects to achieve the overall mission above.
• Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information
• Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Extensive work experience creating self-contained, reusable, testable modules and components.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form to teams, clients and leadership.
• Pro-active attitude; highly self-motivated and able to work without constant oversight.
This role can be open for remote work within USA.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 10+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications
• 10+ years of experience working on Android Native Development (Java/Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle etc)
• 6+ years of experience in Mobile Architecture or Technical Lead role
• Experience in Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Experience in working in modern programming practices like using co-routines, android app bundles, jetpack compose and other jetpack tools.
• Experience with SAFE practices or able to work in SAFE practices and agile methodologies.
• Experience with Android application performance optimization and security concepts
• Experience related to security oriented projects and solutions.
• Experience with packaging, bundling technologies, and library management tools.
• Experience with the UX success factors accessibility, usability, and aesthetics.
• Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
• Experience with cross-platform frameworks like ReactNative/Kotlin Multiplatform/Flutter will be added advantage.
• A systems problem solver, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detailed implementation.
• Open-minded to new ideas & approaches, and ability to implement the ideas using various technologies.
• A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.