Fortune 5 CVS Health has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytics Consultant to join our dynamic team. As the Senior Analytics Consultant you will apply experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully act as the product owner for one or more analytics initiatives.
• Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an intermediate level.
• Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients.
• Understands internal client's problems and goals. Conceptualizes predictive models, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics that can address them.
• Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions and communicates those goals to data scientists.
• Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists.
• Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
• When needed, assists data scientists in analyses of structured (i.e. medical, pharmacy claims) and unstructured (i.e. EMR, call notes) data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems.
• Designs experiments to measure the impact of potential business strategies and initiatives.
• Performs statistical analysis of experimental results to determine the significance of the tested hypothesis and its impact in terms of various KPIs.
• Mentors more junior team members.
• Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using an intermediate understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
• Leads development of solutions with moderate complexity and risk.
• Minimum 2 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
• Minimum 3 years of experience analyzing data using R or Python.
• Experience in SQL preferred.
• Healthcare sector experience preferred.
• Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
• Is knowledgeable about a few machine learning and statistics algorithms, such as:
o Ordinary and Generalized Linear Models
o Decision Trees, Random Forest, GBMs, and other tree-based and ensemble models
o Deep Learning (CNN, RNN, LSTM, etc)
o Dimensionality Reduction: PCA, t-SNE, and UMAP
o Time-Series Models (ARIMA)
o Clustering (k-means, DBSCAN, etc)
• Is knowledgeable about hypothesis testing and randomized controlled trial design.
• Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.