Senior Advisor Architecture
- Northbrook, IL
Aetna CVS Health's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna CVS Health's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna CVS Health Enterprise Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna CVS Health Enterprise Digital!
Role and Responsibilities
• Serve as technical architecture expert for a single value stream (e.g. scrum team), helping to ensure successful product deliveries
• Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for your domain, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders on architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same
• Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide “Reference Architectures” and “Baseline Implementations” when appropriate
• Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to Architects
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications and UI clients, encompassing APIs and frameworks, micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
• Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
• Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS
• Participates in high-level estimation
10 years as a software developer/architect.
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, messaging queuing infrastructures, as well as AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
• Experience with the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Adept at requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
• Experience designing RESTful APIs that facilitate a superior UX or simplify systems integration.
• Familiarity with popular Design Patterns catalogues
• Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases. Understands the benefits and trade-offs of both. Familiar with normalization and denormalization, sharding, and other data-centric patterns
• Experience with distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
• A great team player, with demonstrable experience delivering superior software products via agile methodologies
• Experience on an Agile team
• A proven track record working as part of a team on large architectural projects
• Experience with micro-services
• Experience architecting solutions for AWS or Google clouds
• Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
• Exposure to Big-Data and/or Machine Learning
• Exposure to CI/CD and DevOps
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top