Principal Architect - Enterprise Collaboration
- Burlington, MA
Aetna CVS Health's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for CVS Health and Aetna’s digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
You will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna CVS Health Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the CVS Health Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change that is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join CVS Health Aetna Digital!
CVS Health Aetna Digital is looking for a Principal Architect who will interface with multiple business units within the broader CVS Health enterprise to drive collaboration on common technology and strategic goals in pursuit of an unified customer facing experience.
This role requires EXCELLENT coalition building skills, broad technical knowledge, great communication skills, and strategic thinking.
Is this you?
• Strong ability to work with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
• Experienced with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
• Broad technology knowledge (cloud, enterprise applications, microservices, data analytics, networking, data storage systems, APIs, large-scale systems)
• Experienced leader who brings a strategic mindset and who is capable of building realistic strategic roadmaps
• Excels at building relationships across silos
• Top-notch communication skills with the ability to influence outside organizations
• Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
• Passionate about technology with a very high technical aptitude
Role and Responsibilities
• Lead and participate in technical architecture initiatives that span across the Digital and/or the enterprise
• Drive technical initiatives between Digital and the broader CVS Health enterprise that create more performant, scalable and stable interfaces
• Build strong relationships and streams of collaboration across teams, solutions and business units
• Participate in building the architectural strategic direction for CVS Health Digital
• Identify opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns for broader and more complex functionality at the program and/or enterprise level
• Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
• Participate in building our reference architecture
• Provide architectural leadership in identification of technology partnerships
• Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS
• 15-20 years as a software developer/architect. Experience leading technical architecture initiatives that impact many value streams (e.g. multiple Agile/SAFe Release Trains)
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies
• Expert in the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Substantial experience with requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
• Expert with popular Design Patterns catalogues
• Expert in distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
• Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, and considered an expert in multiple technical subjects
• Experience with modern API patterns and how to build well-designed APIs
• Experience with multiple types of data stores and ETL systems
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons at all levels, from the most junior person to VP levels, in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
• Deep cloud experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
• Health care and/or insurance industry experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Master's Degree is desired.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top