- Scottsdale, AZ
CVS Health's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for CVS Health and Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in key technologies & initiatives, you will join a architecture team that is building cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna CVS Health Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the CVS Health Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change that is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join CVS Health Aetna Digital!
CVS Health Aetna Digital is looking for a Principal Architect who will interface with several disciplines within various business units within the enterprise including UI, PM, Partners, Engineering, etc. towards the creation of a unified customer facing experience.
This role would require EXCELLENT coalition building skills, solid technical knowledge up and down the stack, great communication skills, and the ability to design restful application APIs. This role would require knowledge on different lines of business with in CVS such as Caremark, Specialty, Retail & aetna.
This role would require working with different stakeholders in architecture and product to design different platform such as identity, preferences, communications etc..
Is this you?
- Strong ability to work with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
- Lead technical architecture initiatives for that can span many value streams (e.g. Agile/SAFe Release Trains), helping to ensure successful product deliveries. You will influence and lead teams across the business unit.
- Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for your domain, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns for broader and more complex functionality at the program and/or enterprise level.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards.
- Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
- Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide "Reference Architectures" and "Baseline Implementations" when appropriate.
- Provide architectural leadership in identification of technology partnerships
- Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to Lead Architects
- Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications, encompassing APIs and micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
- Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
- Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS
- Participates in high-level estimation
- Experienced with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
- Loves working with best of breed technologies (Cloud, high through put event processing, data analytics, etc.)
- Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
- Passionate about technology with a high technical aptitude
- Works in an Agile SDLC
- Participates in high-level estimation
This role can sit in any CVS Enterprise Digital office to include Scottsdale AZ, Chicago IL, Burlington MA, Richardson TX, Woonsocket RI, and Florham Park NJ.
- • 15-20 years as a software developer/architect. Experience leading technical architecture initiatives that impact many value streams (e.g. multiple Agile/SAFe Release Trains)
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, messaging queuing infrastructures, as well as AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
• Expert in the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Substantial experience with requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
• Expert with popular Design Patterns catalogues
• Expert in distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
• Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, and considered an expert in multiple technical subjects
• Experience designing RESTful APIs that facilitate a superior UX or simplify systems integration.
• Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases. Understands the benefits and trade-offs of both. Familiar with normalization and denormalization, sharding, and other data-centric patterns
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons at all levels, from the most junior person to VP levels, in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
• A great team player, with demonstrable experience delivering superior software products via agile methodologies
• Experience on an Agile Team
• Strong Experience in Cloud (GCP, Azure or AWS), Microservices, Datalake.
• Experience/knowledge with CICD
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience with micro-services
• Experience architecting solutions for AWS or Google clouds
• Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
• Exposure to Big-Data and/or Machine Learning
• Exposure to CI/CD and DevOps
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
• A proven track record of working as part of team on large architectural projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top