Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
The Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS role builds upon the skills and responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician and is focused on supporting the Pharmacists while being a role model, mentor, and guide to the Pharmacy Technician team. This position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail pharmacy setting, to excel in a complex, high-impact, patient-focused role and to positively impact the lives of others. Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS colleagues must ensure that they can serve the medication needs of our patients as well as satisfy all regulatory compliance standard requirements. They must demonstrate ethical conduct and always maintain patient confidentiality. Successful Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS colleagues must be able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team's ability to promptly, safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions, while also providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS colleagues are required to complete a comprehensive CVS Pharmacy Technician Training Program and satisfy all registration, licensing, and/or certification requirements for the Board of Pharmacy in the state in which the Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS is employed. The Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS must be able to triage pharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients while ensuring that medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met. Front Store Supervisor (FSS) duties that may be performed by the Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS are key to supporting the CVS Store team in driving store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/pharmacy through a focus on excellent customer service. The Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS supports, as needed, leading the front store staff, ensuring that store operations run smoothly, and is responsible for completing all opening and closing procedures, as applicable. The Pharmacy Technician Plus, FSS will also have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting the pharmacy leadership team (Pharmacy Technician Team Leader, Pharmacy Manager, and/or Pharmacist) with delegated administrative tasks, which may include reviewing store communications and completing tasks (email, myWork, etc.), reviewing requisition activity in STARsource, tracking completion of pharmacy team compliance training and AP quizzes, and similar activities.
- Managing the scheduling of pharmacy support staff, including timely generation of schedule using mySchedule, tracking and planning coverage for time off requests, and informing application of payroll codes by the Technician Team Leader or Pharmacy Manager.
- Overseeing pharmacy inventory management, including serving as point person for annual inventories, resets (e.g. Rx Planograms), and pharmacy-related components of AP Pulse Checks. Overseeing pharmacy ordering, and coaching the pharmacy support team to the highest standards of day-to-day inventory management practices, including cycle counts, returns-to-stock, one-by-one returns/outdates, fridge organization, waiting bin, etc. Responsible for monthly review of the Inventory Excellence Report and partnering with the entire pharmacy team to improve overall inventory excellence, enabling them to have the right medications in stock at the right time for the right patients.
- Partnering with the pharmacy leadership team and local Trainer to coordinate the onboarding, training, and development of new hires in the pharmacy, including responsibility for ensuring thorough completion of all LearnRx modules and on-the-job-training (OJT) sessions and providing day-to-day support for new pharmacy hires throughout their onboarding.
- Supporting improvement of total store service foundations by setting an example of outstanding performance for the team, especially in areas of WeCARE workflow best practices, customer service, and patient care; inspiring and motivating the total store team to embrace change, including workflow enhancements and new product/service offerings.
- Demonstrating growth mindset for oneself and the team; providing constructive feedback in a supportive and respectful manner to all team members, in service of improving the work environment and team dynamics.
- Pharmacy Tech Plus, FSS colleagues must have understanding and follow applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complying with CVS policies and procedures to ensure and protect patient safety, privacy and security. Where allowable by law and supported by required training and certification, deliver additional patient health care services to support the health and wellness of the community, including, but not limited to point-of-care testing and offsite clinics. Essential Front Store Supervisor (FSS) Functions:
- Work effectively with store management and store crews
- Supervise the store's crew through assigning, directing and following up of all activities (i.e. receiving/unloading delivery truck, daily/weekly tasks, etc.)
- Effectively communicate information both to and from store management and crews
- Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints; escalating to Store, Pharmacy Manager or Tech Team Leader where necessary
- Handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all CVS customers by promoting the use of assisted/self-service checkout or loyalty programs such as ExtraCare or Carepass.
- Accurately and timely pricing of merchandise
- Ensure placement of product on-shelf using CFR best practices consistently
- Execute the displays, signing and inventory of weekly, promotional, and seasonal merchandise
- Reset departments following planogram schedule and Store Manager (SM) direction
- Appropriate usage of register and door keys, alarm codes, and safe combinations. Execute locking of safe and security doors and setting of alarms when closing the store. Complete random cash verifications as instructed by SM/District AP leader
- Identify and react to shoplifters following Company policies and procedures to ensure colleague and customer safety
- Administer, monitor, and react to Asset Protection programs and systems: employee bag checks; lockers secured; receipts for purchases; and ensure price accuracy
- Perform applicable manager overrides on POS/Smart system in accordance to Company policies/procedures; seek Manager guidance or support as needed
- Required Qualifications
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- High school diploma or General Equivalent Development (GED) required
- State-level licensure and national certification requirements vary by state
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Availability to work 30 hours or greater per week, including some nights and weekends to support business needs
- Attention and Focus o Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Customer Service Orientation o Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner o Notice and understand customers' reactions, and respond appropriately
- Communication Skills o Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues o Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Mathematical Reasoning o Ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day's supply of a prescription
- Problem Resolution o Ability to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem o Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
- Physical Demands: o Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time o Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another, including outside of the pharmacy area o Lifting, scanning, and bagging purchased items o Finger Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand or arm o Reaching overhead; able to stretch or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs to grasp items o Extending hand(s) and arm(s) multiple directions to place, move, or lift items o Precision control: able to adjust machines to exact positions o Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles to move items between low and high positions, including bending spine at the waist o Visual Acuity: Close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts o Able to orally communicate information and instructions to colleagues and customers o Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs,; exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Ability to work in the home store and across the market in other locations to meet business needs
- Previous experience as a front store supervisor
- National Certification considered a plus
- Equivalent Experience - Preferred
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Development (GED) - Required
- Other Certification(s): Requirements vary by state - Preferred
- Other License(s): State-level licensure requirements vary by state - Required
The typical pay range for this role is:
$16.00 - $19.50
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off ("PTO") or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health colleagues can initiate a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through myHR (1-888-694-7287, or through myLeave at myHR). If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.