- Cedar Rapids, IA
Work as part of the Pharmacy and Front Store Team to ensure that each customer has a positive shopping experience at CVS and to ensure customer satisfaction by serving each customer according to our company Values. Please note in select markets the collective bargaining agreement rules regarding the Pharmacy Technician would apply. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Licensure requirements vary by state
• Attention and Focus
o The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
• Customer Service Orientation
o Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner
o Notice and understand customers' reactions, and respond appropriately
• Communication Skills
o Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
o Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Mathematical Reasoning
o The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day's supply of a prescription
• Problem Resolution
o Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
o Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
• Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another
• Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand or arm
• Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
• Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
• Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
• Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately
• Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
• Visual Acuity:
o The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
• Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; exerting up to 30 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
• Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• PTCB National Certification
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Back to top