- West Valley City, UT
The Pharmacy Scheduler position is responsible for ensuring that all stores, in a defined location, are scheduled appropriately with current Pharmacists in accordance to budget guidelines. In addition to scheduling, this position also serves as an Administrative Assistant to the Pharmacy Supervisor and District Manager and is responsible for entering weekly Pharmacists payroll. Functions:
- Maintain list of all pharmacists available to cover open shifts
- Collect calendars from each store that include all shifts that must be covered
- Organize opening into a "needs list"
- Communicate needs list to the pharmacies to ensure all open shifts are included
- Communicate needs list to the Pharmacy Supervisor, District Manager, stores and pharmacists to begin the process of filling shifts
- Cover open shifts by contacting pharmacists
- Communicate to stores and Pharmacy Supervisor and District Manager updates on the progress of shift coverage
- Provide to stores and also to Pharmacy Supervisor and District Manager a weekly list of which pharmacists are covering the openings in the district
- Collect vacation requests
- Research vacation requests to ensure proper coverage and communicate approval or disapproval of vacation requests to pharmacist
- Help to place floater pharmacists so that base hours are met (if full time)
- Make phone calls to cover emergency shifts (due to illness, etc.)
- Assist other schedulers outside of area with shift coverage when possible
- Assist pharmacy supervisor with payroll discrepancy issues by researching shifts worked by pharmacist
Superior typing skills with PC aptitude (Microsoft Office products)
- Superior telephone and customer contact skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to write an effective schedule
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment
High School Diploma; Associates Degree Preferred; 5+ years of related experience; familiarity with mySchedule and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.); prior Administrative Assistant experience or excellent computer sklls.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top