- San Jose, CA
The Operations Manager is a member of the Store Management team, and as such, fulfills the company purpose of helping people on their path to better health by driving store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/pharmacy through a focus on excellent customer service. Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Operations Manager will maintain an engaged, productive store team through strong leadership, demonstrating initiative and leading by example.
The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the total leadership and strategic operation of a CVS/pharmacy store including:
• Overall store management, supervision, and policy implementation
• Sales and inventory management
• Employee staffing, training, and development
• Financial management
• Customer service leadership
Unlike the Store Manager in Training position, the Operations Manager position is not part of the CVS/pharmacy Retail Management Development Program. Operations Managers are not eligible for direct promotion to Store Manager. Candidates with a short-term goal of becoming a CVS Store Manager should instead apply for Store Manager in Training openings.
• Lead others and work effectively with store crews
• Supervise, assign and direct activities of the store’s crew
• Effectively communicate information to store crew and supervisors in an open and timely manner
• Support Store Manager with actions plans for operational and service improvement
2. Customer Service
• Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
• Promote CVS customer service culture (greet, offer help, and thank)
• Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
• Advanced communication skills, leadership, supervision, and influencing skill
• Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed, and to respond to urgent issues at the store when they arise
• Experience as a retail manager or supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country’s health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top