CVS Health, Specialty Pharmacy, a mail service pharmacy in the Monroeville area, has an opportunity available for a full time Billing/Insurance Follow Up Representative! The primary responsibilities of a Medical Collections Specialist are to ensure timely and accurate account payment for outstanding balances while demonstrating excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers.
The Medical Collections Specialist is responsible for all third party follow-up associated with the dispensing of prescription medication; maintain supporting chronological notes that detail action taken to resolve outstanding account balances. Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems. Work all billing/collection reports, queues, or diversions according to payer and company policy guidelines.
As part of the Billing and Reimbursement Team, you will work in a fast paced and team focused environment to ensure timely and accurate billing to insurance providers. You will transmit or submit paper and/or electronic claims to insurance payors for reimbursement, research and respond to insurance companies and governmental payors regarding billing issues or related questions by telephone, via the internet, and in writing.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance as well as a wide-ranging list of supplemental benefits and discount programs. In addition to sixteen paid days off for employees, we also offer ten paid holidays.
Our application process is 2 simple steps.
1. Apply on line
2. Take your time while completing our Virtual Job Tryout
- 1 + years experience performing health care reimbursement, medical billing or insurance collections
- 1+ years experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Experience with Specialty Pharmacy Billing/Collections
- Problem resolution within healthcare reimbursement/claims.
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.