As a Mainframe Developer, Senior you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and deployment of business critical system releases. The Mainframe Developer, Senior is essential for ensuring business value is delivered per expected outcomes and production applications remain stable with excellent performance and optimal scalability. The Mainframe Developer, Senior position will work in an Agile scrum team environment, in close collaboration with business, product owners, architecture and other IT partners.
As part of the Network and Provider Organization you will be responsible for code deliverables on both long and short-term projects effectively while working collaboratively in inter-departmental settings to accomplish tasks and goals. The Network and Provider Organization is accountable for CVS Health's Health Care Benefits division (Aetna) central repository of provider data and the surrounding ecosystem of Network and Provider applications to support internal business operations and the external Provider Experience.
Additional Responsibilities of the Mainframe Developer, Senior:
• Utilize excellent presentation and communication skills and be comfortable collaborating with partners inside and outside of IT.
• Utilize their excellent analytical skills and be able to perform requirement analysis, application design, and development of complex mainframe applications that support mission critical processes.
• Champions DevSecOps, Agile and Scaled Agile principles, driving best practice, optimization and continuous improvement.
• Works a fast pace and changing environment while adhering to project delivery and documentation standards and change management processes.
• Understands the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
• 5+ years of experience developing with Mainframe technologies.
• 3+ years of experience with requirement analysis, application design, and development of complex mainframe applications that support mission critical processes.
• Experience with Cobol, CICS, JCL, DB2 and QMF along with familiarity of working with API's, complex system integrations, and debugging tools.
• Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment with working knowledge of agile tools such as Rally and RTC.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience working in Healthcare setting, ideally with Provider/Network IT systems.
• SAFe or Scrum certified.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.