Lead UX Designer
- Scottsdale, AZ
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be an integral part of an innovative and bold initiative that takes a modern approach of disciplined agile and lean software practices aimed at transforming healthcare and pharmacy. The Lead UX Designer is essential to ensuring product success and end-user satisfaction in a highly collaborative environment that follows the Extreme Programming (XP) methodology. The Lead UX Designer position is responsible for leading the design effort by making informed decisions for product development as part of small, cross-functional product teams. You will help educate both business and technology teams on the XP process and how the traditional UX role changes, as well as lead products from discovery through iterative delivery while maintaining a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice.
A firm understanding of user-centered design principles and user research methodologies is crucial for success in the role. Empathy, creative problem-solving, comfort with uncertainty, pairing with team members, excellent communication skills, curiosity and learning are the foundational characteristics of the Lead UX Designer. The position is located in the Irving TX, Buffalo Grove IL or Scottsdale AZ offices, and candidates must be able to be in the office daily to work with their product team.
Additional responsibilities of the Lead UX Designer include:
- Solve the right problem through the understanding of user needs in order to deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact
- Bring a lean/iterative mindset; be open to having conversations over documentation
- Full-stack designer: assist with all dimensions of design - research, usability evaluation, information architecture, wireframes, visual, CSS and HTML - it's ok not be an expert in all, as long as you are open and want to learn
- Ability to mentor, coach and guide other designers in an XP lab (this is an individual contributor role with leadership responsibilities)
- Work with cross-functional teams and pair with everyone - other designers, product managers, and product engineers
- Embrace an agile mindset: be willing to adapt and experiment with design process
- Enhance the broader UX product design practice and knowledge within the XP labs
• 7+ years' professional experience in an UX architect or UX design role. Related degree preferred (e.g., HCI, Psychology, Fine Arts)
• Minimum 5 years' experience in at least one of the 3 design pillars: user research, interaction design or visual design.
• 3+ years of working effectively with Agile and lean philosophies
• 5+ years' experience working independently with clients or stakeholder and designing business or enterprise applications
• 5+ years' experience executing user-centered design methodologies by leading product design decisions from research through implementation
• 5+ years' experience working in design and prototyping software tools such as Axure, InVision or Sketch
• 1+ year of experience with modern front-end technologies and open source frameworks (e.g. Material Design, HTML/CSS, grid systems, responsive design)
• Experience with UX design advocacy within large business and technology organizations
• Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills
• Experience with enabling others in user centered design best practices
• Experience with user research methodologies and ability to train others
• Willingness to present on design topics internally
• Knowledge of the pharmacy and healthcare industries
• Knowledge of cloud-based technology platforms
Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Fine Arts, Computer Science or Similar. Equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree considered.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top