Lead Java Software Engineer
- Buffalo Grove, IL
As an Java Software Engineer, Senior Advisor with CVS Health, you will participate on an eXtreme Programming (XP) Programming Product Team of 6-10 people and work with the team to build high quality, usable products to customers and stakeholders in our Buffalo Grove, IL IT Platform Innovation Labs. You will help educate both business and technology personnel on the agile process as well as lead products from discovery and framework-through iterative development and delivery while maintaining a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice.
A firm understanding of Java development principles and agile methodologies is crucial for success in the role. The position is located in the Buffalo Grove, IL Innovation labs. Candidates must be able to be in the office to work with product teams five days a week 8AM to 4:30PM.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will:
• Design efficient and user-friendly software products to advance and support business needs
• To be successful in this role, it is important that you have a deep knowledge of various cloud infrastructure hardware and software such as Openstack, AWS, GCP and Azure, as well as the underlying architecture for hyper-converged technologies and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• 7+ years of Java development experience
• 5+ years of experience working with enterprise solution delivery in a large scale distributed software design environment, preferably in a J2EE development environment with strong leadership experience
• 2+ years of experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous Integration, TDD
• 2 years of experience with front end development including AngularJS, Angular2, or Angular4 preferred
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or similar
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Back to top