As an Mobile Apps Engineer, you will be a part of a large-scale CVS Health Mobile apps development teams leading android related CVS mobile application development throughout all phases of the software development life cycle. Provide technical leadership for medium to large scale projects and development solutions that are scalable, maintainable, and reliable. Support complex technical architectures and provide expertise on cutting edge mobile technologies to design and develop a complex mobile platform.
• Developing, integrating and deploying Android applications
• Experience in developing seamless features/application from scratch using relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
• Strong understanding of core libraries, application framework and Android architecture.
• Ability to design CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins for mobile apps.
• Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence mobile application development.
• Good sense of how mobile apps are designed to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility.
• Keen interest and passion towards keeping abreast of current technologies and trends.
• Enable communication and collaboration with developers to discuss innovative ideas and concepts.
• Ability to source ideas from developers, as well as corral teams to come up with solid solutions.
• Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information.
• Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Extensive work experience creating self-contained, reusable, testable modules and components.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 10+ years of experience in developing applications healthcare IT space.
• 4+ years of experience in building native apps for Android.
• 4+ years of experience in developing Android Native app with Java or Kotlin.
• Must have experience with automated unit testing using XCTest, Espresso including mocking and spying.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Good Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Must have experience with source control using GIT and GIT version tools such as GitHub or Bitbucket.
• Should have good knowledge on building a continuous integration and deployment pipeline with tools like Fastlane, Circle CI, GitHub Actions.
• Experience working with complex backend systems integrating with different API calls in the native app.
• Experience releasing apps to App Store and Play Store.
• Experience leading and mentoring engineers.
• Good understanding of SOLID design principles.
• Experience working in a product development environment.
• Knowledge of the following tools:
o GitHub / Bitbucket
o Circle CI / GitHub Actions / Jenkins Pipeline
o Sonarcloud / Checkmarx / Veracode
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering, or a closely related field, or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.