As a Java Software Engineer, Sr Analyst with CVS Health Platform Innovation, you will participate on an Agile Programming Product Team of 6-10 people and work with the team to build high quality, usable products to customers and stakeholders in our new innovation labs. You will help educate both business and technology personnel on the agile and XP eXtreme development process and create products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery. You will also maintain a user-centered and business as priority approach in design perspective and practice.
A firm understanding of Java development principles and agile methodologies is crucial for success in the role. The position is located in the Scottsdale, AZ or Buffalo Grove, IL or Irving, TX offices, and candidates must be able to be in the office to work with product teams.
The CVS health platform innovation scrum teams are a mix of a Product Managers, UX designers as well as highly skilled Java Engineers.
- Work in a paired programming collaborative environment, contributing to agile ceremonies
- Design efficient and user-friendly software products to advance and support business needs
- Develop code utilizing test-driven development
- 3+ months of Java development experience, which can include coursework experience from an accredited university
- 1+ years of software development life cycle experience which can include coursework experience from an accredited university
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Cloud development experience
- PaaS, SaaS development experience
- Rest API development
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field preferred
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of related work experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.