Position can be located in CT or MA
IT Senior Project Manager for Aetna, a CVS Health Company will manage the day-to-day activities of one or multiple complex business-sponsored IT projects (of which total cost of projects under management concurrently exceed $1 million) to deliver tasks on time, within budget, and within scope.
The selected individual will be responsible for the success of the project(s) to include:
- Consistently responsible for managing, directing and planning complex projects consisting of one or more project teams
-Ability to communicate and effectively negotiate with business, senior management, peers with a high level of confidence and composure.
-Provide coaching and team building to ensure that the project team members develop their skills and achieve their career goals
- Lead a matrixed project team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating the efforts of internal and external project team members.
In addition to fundamental project skills and experience leading / managing multiple concurrent projects and teams, the candidate should possess the following:
• Demonstrated history of practical experience in large scale program management with the application of Lean-Agile practices, mindsets and have a willingness to coach other team members to adapt and learn. This experience should extend to familiarity with agile tools such as RTC, Rally etc.
• Experience with facilitating PI planning readiness by fostering a continuous exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings with ability to drive both in-person and virtual Planning sessions if required using collaborative tools such as WebEx, Miro, MS Teams
• Manage the release and sprint timelines, follow up on key action items, manage the scrum teams velocity, tracks sprint health and identifies dependencies between teams helping to communicate and resolve those dependencies
• Possess a strong technical background in information technology management with detailed knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies. This should include organizing, directing, and managing activities related to building and maintaining software releases for their promotion to the production environment.
• Works with the Program Management Office to execute on plan and report progress/risks and health of train in addition to demonstrating prudent management of multimillion-dollar financial budgets.
- 3+ years Lean Agile frameworks, Scaled Agile Framework
- 4+ years IT Project Management Experience (SAFe™), and Agile metrics.
-Project Management Institute (PMI) certification.
-Scrum Master & Release Train Engineer practical experience is preferred.
-Practical experience implementing change within an environment that fosters DevOps would be preferable but not essential.
-Have successful background working with system change associated to Healthcare Provider/Networks or at minimum have a background with experience in Healthcare IT
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.